Most of you have probably heard of "Elf on the Shelf" by now. If not, let me explain... It is a elf that you can buy that comes with a book. He moves from place to place in the house and keeps watch on the kiddos to make sure that they stay on Santa's "good" list! I had heard of this last year and thought it was a great idea. However, I did not think Jackson was old enough to really get the concept. We decided to start the "Elf on the Shelf'" tradition this year and I'm so glad we did. It has been so much fun watching Jackson each morning point out his elf. You have to name your elf and K-Ru is the name ours got. As we read the book and got to the part of naming "your Elf", we asked Jackson what he wanted to name his elf. Jackson, being crazy about animals, immediately said "Kangaroo". Jason and Jackson decided on a name together, which derived from "Kangaroo", that sounded more elfish. :-) So, that my friends, is where K-Ru came from. K-Ru joined us on December 4th and what fun he has brought to our Christmas season! I love to watch Jackson look around and spot him every morning and say "Mommy, wook at him! He's up there". It is the cutest thing and something I will look forward to every year. It will be even more fun next year when Savannah will be old enough to look with her brother.
Daddy reading the "Elf on the Shelf" book to our babies!
The first place K-Ru appeared.
One of many places K-Ru moved to...
No comments:
Post a Comment