I learned from a friend of a friend that you could melt crayons in the oven. I had no idea!! I don't know why I never thought to do this, but what a great idea! I decided to make heart shape crayons for Jackson's class for their Valentine's party.The hardest part was taking the paper off the crayon. A tip for you: the newer crayons aren't bad at all. The older crayons took forever to get them unwrapped. They were stuck pretty good!
I used these soft heart shape pans to melt the crayons in. I made some solid color and some multicolor.
I set the oven on 200 and and it took about 20 minutes to melt the crayons. This is what it looks like when you take them out the oven. In case you can't tell, it just looks like colored water.
Happy Boy!
1 comment:
Love the crayons. We did that last year. Sarah Paynter
Post a Comment