Monday, February 28, 2011

Sausage and Pepper baked Ziti

My Best Friend in San Antonio sent this recipe to me almost a year ago and I still use it. I wish I had taken a picture of it for you to see because once you see it, you would not be able to resist making it. It is SUPER yummy! I actually used penne tonight because I was out of Ziti and it was still delish! I have also used a green bell pepper, and I use more than a half cup of ricotta.


Sausage & Pepper Baked Ziti

8 oz. ziti pasta
2 tsp. oil
1 medium red bell pepper chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
4 links of spicy or sweet italian sausage (I used sweet) (Johnsonville has one)
1 cup mozzerella
1/2 cup ricotta cheese(can use more if you like)
3 T. parmesan cheese
2 cups marinar

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cook pasta separately in salted water. Heat oil over medium heat and cook sausage links. When sausage is about half way done, add onions and peppers to the pan (along with the sausage), and cook until all is done. Remove sausage when browned and cut into chunks. In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup ricotta, 1 cup mozzerella, and 3 T. parmesan cheese. Add cooked pasta to this mixture, then add sausage, onions and peppers, and 1 cup marinara. Still together and pour into a baking dish. Spoon 1 cup marinara over the top and top with a thin layer of mozzerall and parmesan cheese. Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes.

No comments: