Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Sautéed Apples, that's what! I am always looking for a new way to cook pork tenderloin. I find this meat to be one of the hardest to make very tasty. However, with this recipe I got from Pam with For the Love of Cooking, I don't think I will have that problem anymore. This is by far the tastiest recipe I have found yet. Jason loved the rub that I used for it and wants to try it on his famous ribs. Savannah really enjoyed the apples. I was short some ingredients and I did substitute some, but it was still delicious!
Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Sautéed Apples:
Adapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by Cooking Light ~ October 2010
(Picture Courtesy of For the Love of Cooking)
Ingredients:
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into 12 pieces
2 tbsp butter
2 cups Gala apples, thinly sliced
1 small shallot, sliced (I did not have a shallot, so I simply used a sweet onion)
1/2 cup of apple cider (I used apple Juice)
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves ( I totally forgot to add this ingredient. It would have totally changed the taste)
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Combine the salt, coriander, pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg together; sprinkle the spice mixture evenly over pork slices. Add the pork to the pan when it's hot; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove pork from pan; keep warm.
Melt butter in the pan; swirl to coat. Add the apple slices, shallots, and a pinch of salt; sauté 4 minutes or until apple starts to brown. Add apple cider to pan, and cook for 2 minutes or until the apple is a crisp-tender. Stir in the thyme leaves and taste sauce. Re-season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve the pork slices drizzled with the apple slices and sauce.
2 comments:
I Love the idea of this recipe! I went to a pampered chef show yesterday and they cooked a pork tenderloin in the microwave in their cranberry baker and it was amazing! I have the cranberry baker and have never cooked anything but dessert in it. So i am very excited about being able to use a pork loin recipe in it and i may have to try this one!
Definitely worth a try!!! Super Yummy! I'm guilty of not using my baker to the fullest, either!
Post a Comment