Thursday, December 4, 2008

Update from the Starnes

All is well with the new addition to the Starnes family. I promise I will try to get better with my post. I have been going to bed pretty early to make sure I get plenty of rest and we have enjoyed visits from so many people this week. Jackson has had a playdate every morning and evening all week, with the exception of this afternoon. He has loved playing with all his friends. This has helped us out alot!! Jackson needs that entertainment. :-) We are all adjusting and feel so blessed to have such a beautiful little girl added to our family. I truly feel complete with her! Jackson is such a good big brother. I was concerned at first how well he would do. He has been so loving to her. There have been a few times where I can see that he does things that he should not be doing to get attention. I feel really bad, but at the same time feel good about how well he has adjusted. Savannah is doing very well. We took her to the doctor last Friday for the follow up from the jaundice. We were not sure what her levels were in the hospital because her records had not made it to the office yet due to the Thanksgiving holiday. They did not appear to be too bad, so they scheduled one more visit on Monday. She was back up to her birth weight on Friday at 5lbs 14oz and on Monday, she was 6lbs 2 oz. I was so happy to see this because I did not think she had been eating very well. She would not nurse long and she was back to sleep. I am not a bit concerned after seeing how well she is doing with her weight gain. The pediatrician said that she is an efficient nurser. She let Mommy sleep really well last night. She only woke up once. I fed her at 9:30 and she was up at 2:30 and again at 6:30. Jackson also did well last night. He has been waking a couple times a night and getting up at 6:30 pretty much since Savannah arrived. However, last night he slept all night and was up at 7:30, which is his norm. YEAH JACKSON!!!! Savannah's cord fell off last night, so I am hoping to give her a real bath this weekend when Daddy is home. She still has a corner that is attached, so I am hoping that piece will fall off in the next couple days. We will see. Here are a few pictures over the past week for you to enjoy....


Our Precious Angel!



This is a rare occasion right now. Savannah loves to sleep. I usually get her awake for about an hour or so in the mornings and evenings. I love to see her eyes. One day they look blue and the next they look grey.




Jackson wanted to hold his little sister. He is such a good big brother. I did get more sweet pictures of him holding her. He kept giving her love. It was so sweet. I will add all of them to the albums to the left(just click Jackson and Savannah's pictures to see more) Savannah loves her sleep! She likes to be held or swaddled. She does not like to feel free.

As you can see, Jackson has enjoyed visits from his friends. This picture makes me laugh everytime I look at it. I told the boys to say cheese...so, they look at each other and say cheese. It was too funny! We have to work on getting Anna Cate to enjoy the pictures on the couch. :-) We know she is not camera shy.

1 comment:

Kristy Huffstetler said...

Awe! Those pics are so good! I hate that we didn't make it in time to play today!! We'll see ya tomorrow though!