Monday, February 8, 2010

Jackson's First Dental Appointment

Jackson had his first dentist appointment today. I was surprised at how well Jackson did. At first, he wanted to go home, but then he warmed up. I was expecting him to not even open his mouth for the hygienist. While, he did not let them do the actual cleaning of all of his teeth, he did let them brush and treat them with fluoride. He told the hygienist that he would come back tomorrow and let her do the cleaning. I can't believe how well Jackson did while she was brushing his teeth. It's all I can do to get him to let me brush them. I guess the saying "they always do better for others than they do for you" still proves to be true.

The dentist told me that Jackson's teeth were tight. I asked him what he meant by that. He went on to tell me that some parents think its a bad thing when their child has big gaps in their teeth, but it's not. I then said.."So, are you telling me that Jackson may need braces?". He chuckled and said "Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying." Here I am thinking Jackson has great teeth! However, that may not be the case once his permanent teeth come in. He doesn't have much room for the permanent ones to come though. He told me that if for some reason that Jackson doesn't have to get them, then I would be able to keep $4k in my pocket, but he would be surprised if he didn't have to. Thanks Mr. Dentist! :-)


Jackson had no fear in the dentist office once he saw this elephant. He is so obsessed with animals that the dental noises didn't even seem to phase him. He loved seeing all the "Wild' animals. Jackson wasn't so sure about the "drill". She was only able to get him to let her "tickle one tooth" and Jackson told her he would come back "tomorrow" and let her clean them. They do not push it on the first visit. They really want to make it a great experience for the kids and I am comfortable that Jackson enjoyed his first dental appointment as much as you can enjoy a dental appointment. :-)
I can't believe he sat there the whole time and let her brush his teeth. He looks so serious! :-)
He even did well with his dentist! Way to go Jackson! I'm so proud of you! I know you will do even better next time!
Here's a cute video of the hygienist introducing all the tools to Jackson...


Video to come soon! Having a hard time getting it to load.

No comments: