Jackson was such a big boy at his doctor appointment today. I was so proud of him! He is turning into such a little man. He stood against the wall to get his height, tinkled in a cup, and sat in the lab to get his finger pricked. It makes me so sad to think about how big he is getting! He did so good for the nurse while she was pricking his finger. He thought it was funny to tinkle in the cup. I thought we would have to do another urine because he didn't go much at all. However, the nurse said "oh, that's plenty!". I wasn't sure how that was the case until she pulled out a syringe and got his urine out the cup with that. They mean what they say when they say "It doesn't take much!".
Jackson was such a different child from what he has been in the past when his pediatrician walked in. In the past, he has cried and wanted nothing to do with her. However, he answered all her questions and let her do his check up without any resistance. This was a big accomplishment from past visits! She said he was doing great! His cholesterol and iron looked great. She also told me that we could start giving Jackson 1% milk. I was so excited! Now, we go from buying three different milks to only two!!
Jackson has had a major growth spurt in the last year. At his two year check up, he was actually below the charts in weight. This was due to a stomach bug he had when he lost 3lbs, but he had been in the 5th and 10th percentile with his weight. He is now in the 40th percentile weighing 30 1/2 pounds. I know you are probably thinking there is no way he is in the 40th percentile. However, with his growth spurt, he is in the 50th percentile with his height at 38in. He was just in the 25th percentile at his two year check up.
My little man is growing up! My sweet Jackson, you have to slow down buddy! I can't stand you getting so big, so fast! However, I am so proud of how well you did today!
Hershey's Hugs + M&M Pretzel Bites
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment