Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Our trip to the Bahamas

Jason and I took our first vacation without the kids to the Bahamas! While, the weather wasn't what I had hoped for, it was a great time spent with Jason! It's so hard to just enjoy each other when we are always occupied with the kids! I can't say that I didn't miss the kids, though! Jason kept asking me if I was going to talk about something other than them. :-) It was very hard to be away, but I loved all the time I got to have with Jason all to myself! No worries about work or what the kids were getting into! It was just the two of us!
Love my hubby!
Our first day there! This is the view from our room. Jason laughed at me when he was taking this picture. He said "I can't believe you are wearing a scarf in a picture at the Bahamas". I told him it was chilly! Little did he know, he would be wearing a jacket or long sleeve shirt a good bit of the trip himself!

Unfortunately, we did not have the best weather. It was supposed to be upper 70's, but ended up being upper 60's. There were only two days that we were in our swimsuits and one of those days was only for about 2 hours. It was no fun laying in your swimsuit and using our towels as a blanket, so we decided to go get dressed and spend some time in the spa and read a book. It was so relaxing!

This day was so nice just to relax, as it was too cold to be outside by the pool! We laid on this very comfortable couch that had part of the indoor aquarium in front of us. It was beautiful! We had a drink and read our books, prior to our massage at the spa.

This was one of the nicer days! Jason enjoying some music on his ipod! This day was pretty cool, too! We thought we were going to spend some time in the water and decided after 30 minutes, that was enough. You can see part of the Atlanis in the background. It was beautiful!

We stayed at the Atlantis hotel, which is awesome! We would love to take the kids one day when they are about 5 and 6 years old. It has a great water park and kids area! We had so much fun on the water slides and river rides the one day it was warm enough to get in the water. There is a awesome underground aquarium!


This is where the power tower and water slides were! So much fun!!

This is one one of the tube slides. As you can see, it goes through the shark tank! Jason and I went down a body water slide. I have to say it was pretty scary! It was so dark and fast! I had no idea when I was passing through the shark tank. I tried to open my eyes, but didn't have any luck keeping them open. Jason said they were all laughing at me because I was screaming before I even started going down. It was lots of fun, though! If I had known we would only get one day in the water, I would have taken some pictures that day. Boo for that!

We went to the Straw market one day. It was very interesting, but I would much rather stay at the hotel. There is just so much to do there and it's a lot nicer. We walked around, had lunch, and did a little shopping! We saw a marching band while we were there on the streets, that I can't say sounded all that great. :-)


One afternoon, we had a Bahamian family take us to the fish fry. There was a lady who is from the Bahamas, taking a real estate course with us the week before we left. She put us in contact with one of her good friends' and her husband who are living there. Her friend, actually worked at the Atlantis and asked if they could take us to the Fish Fry. We thought it would be a great experience to see their culture, so we decided to join them. It is an experience we will never forget! We were very thankful for them as Jason lost his inhaler somewhere between Lexington and getting to the airport. They were able to get us in a drug store after they had closed to get a prescription that his doctor called in for him. Thankfully, this all worked out because Jason had to use it several times while we were there.


Our friend, Shantell, who took very good care of us! We are sad that we did not think to take a picture of her husband and two kids that we had dinner with at the fish fry! We had no idea we were going with the whole family! They showed up to pick us up and there they were. :-)
Thank you Aunt Jennifer, Uncle Kevin, Grandma and Papa for making this trip possible for us! We had a great time! We love you all and are so blessed to have you!

No comments: