Sunday, May 23, 2010

First USC babseball game!

We made our first family USC baseball game outing yesterday! We had a blast!!! Jackson absolutely LOVED it and Savannah did a lot better than I thought. I think Jackson could have stayed the whole game, but Savannah was ready to go at the top of the 6th. It was really hot and she was trying to find more to drink. She drank all of her juice and half a lemonade that we got there. Poor thing was HOT!!! Jackson cheered and clapped and had himself an absolute ball. Jason and I enjoyed watching him enjoy the game. We weren't sure what to expect! I really wish we had gone to the first game, rather than the last. We would have made it to more games for him if we knew he would enjoy it that much!

On our way to our first USC baseball game! And of course she had to have a "nack"(snack)!


I'm so glad we chose to go to this game because we have quite a few stories to tell! Lets' see...there is pretzels, popcorn, cotton candy, cocky, hat shuffle game, and foul baseballs! :-)

Savannah had her first taste of a soft pretzel and she loved it! Savannah and I shared a pretzel, while Jackson and Daddy shared some popcorn! Of course, Savannah wanted popcorn too, but I'm not giving into that just yet. She has about another year before we will try that one. Popcorn makes me nervous, especially since we have a friend who has a little boy about Savannah's age, who ended up at Children's hospital because of popcorn husk getting stuck in his trachea. Jackson was over 2 when he had his first taste, so it's only fair that I make her wait, too! :-) I promised Jackson that we would get cotton candy and he did not let me forget that. However, I think he had about 1/3 of it and Savannah ate the rest! The row behind us told her she scored big! I think she knew it, though!




Jackson in awe of the baseball players and eating his popcorn with Daddy!


Can you tell she loved her pretzel?


Cocky came to our section and was taking pictures with others while he was making his way up the steps. I asked Jackson if he wanted to take a picture with cocky, and to my surprise he said YES!! Savannah was literally climbing up me when she saw Cocky! She is not a fan of Cocky, that's for sure! By the time Cocky got to our row, he was moving faster and we didn't catch him. We made our way up to see if we could catch him to get a picture. One of the staff told us he went to the men's room. We waited and waited, but saw no sign of cocky. As we were making our way back to our seats, we were stopped by the women's basketball coach and she asked me if Jackson would play the hat shuffle game. I said "Sure!" We made our way down to sit with them until it was time for Jackson to be on the big screen and play the game. I had no idea, but Cocky was going to be apart of the game so Jackson did get a picture with Cocky! He was all smiles....That is until Cocky was sitting beside him with his arm around Jackson, and reached over and "bit him" with his beak. Jackson was not so sure about that and said "I want my Mommy"! However, he did not come my way, he sat on the basketball coach's' lap. It was so funny! After that, Jackson was acting very shy and kept his eye on cocky. He said, "Mommy, Cocky scared me!" I joked with him about it and told him Cocky was being silly tickling his head. He thinks its funny now, but not so much at the time.

Jackson and Cocky

Jackson and Cocky watching the game just before Cocky "tickled" Jackson on his head! :-) Sitting with the coach, but keeping his eye on Cocky!

Now, it's time for the hat shuffle game! Jackson held up two fingers for the 2nd hat, but he didn't say anything when Mr. Craig put the mic up to his mouth.
Jackson waving to everyone after receiving his hat for playing the game! too cute!!



After all the excitement, we got the cotton candy! I took Jackson and Savannah both with me and one of the staff there gave them foul baseballs. They were both very excited!!! At the top of the 6th, we had to leave. Savannah was ready to go! When we got to the outfield, Jackson said "Mommy, they are still going!". In other words, it's not over Mommy! Why do we have to go? I am so excited about him starting t-ball camp this summer! I really think he will enjoy it much better than he did soccer!



We had so much fun together! I love my little family! I am so blessed!!!

1 comment:

Micah said...

love it! Go Cocks!