Jackson, Jackson, Jackson....What are we going to do with him? For some reason, he has never been a great sleeper! He has had his ups and downs where he would sleep a full night without waking up, but far more not sleeping through the nights. His waking up is just a matter of him waking up and coming to our room. I usually just meet him at the door and take him back to his room. He will then sleep until morning. There doesn't seem to be any particular reason for him getting up. He doesn't say a word until I lay him down, and then he says "Mommy, don't shut the door". I asked the pediatrician about it and she told me that her daughter was 5 before she ever slept through the night. She said it's no different than an adult waking up at the same time every night. We as adults, just know that we need to roll over and go back to sleep. It's something he will eventually learn. I can tell you, that is NOT what I wanted to hear. I am so ready to have a full week of non-interrupted sleep. I think I will celebrate the week that happens! Before speaking to the pediatrician and hearing there is really nothing I can do to change his sleep pattern, I tried putting the gate up again. We did this for a week and he still continued to wake up once every night. He did not like the gate being up at all. The second night he emptied all the balls out of his ball container and used it as a step stool to climb over the gate. I took him back to his room and took the ball bin out. The third night, I went to bed after I put Jackson down. I got up to get some water and this is what I found.....
Silly boy! After snapping this picture, I looked over the gate to find his sit and spin in front of the gate. He showed me, didn't he?! :-) He was far into to dream land at this point. It did not phase him at all that I snapped a picture and put him in bed.
Hershey's Hugs + M&M Pretzel Bites
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment