Monday, May 7, 2012

Herb garden

I have been inspired by Martha Stewart and many other online bloggers to give my porch a make over with these terracotta pots. As soon as Jason said let's go to Home Depot to get the stuff for our garden, I knew just what I was going to work on. I am super excited at how well they turned out. Although, my mom says they look like Halloween, I still love them! :-) Our herbs did not do so well in our garden last year, but I am determined to succeed with them this year!

I did not take pictures from start to finish, but here are the supplies that you will need:
- Chalkboard Paint
- brush
- terracotta pots
- Potting Mix
-A cute little girl

Ok....So, you don't really need a cute little girl. However, it makes it more fun! :-)
Savannah wanted to help me with the paint, so I braved letting her. Thank Goodness for bathtubs and water! :-)
 
Let the paint dry...
Add the potting mix and seeds. Label with chalk, and....
Ta-Da! Jason decided he wanted to put the spinach and cucumbers in pots, too. We just used two larger pots that I had on hand for them.
I will update you when I have something to show for all this hard work! :-)

Happy Gardening!!

No comments: